Steon have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Lighting Designer to join our lighting design team to work on a wide range of projects nationally. Our principal activity is the design of architectural and commercial lighting solutions to clients utilising our own registered lighting brands. For more information on our work please visit https://www.steon.com/projects/.
The position involves working closely with our lighting design team and our clients to design projects from early concept, through to completion, producing high quality proposals for clients. This will involve working on a variety of projects across a variety of sectors including commercial, education, healthcare, social housing, and heritage.
- Previous knowledge of lighting design is preferred however it is not a strict requirement. Steon offer full training to learn lighting design software and achieve a qualification by the Lighting Industry Association (LIA).
- You must be fundamentally self-motivated and be able to learn quickly, demonstrating an eagerness to learn skills in software such as AutoCAD and Relux.
- You must demonstrate an interest about lighting concepts and calculations.
- You must be eager to learn software such as Relux and AutoCAD.
- You must demonstrate excellent communication skills (both verbally and written).
- You must enjoy working to tight deadlines and working as part of a team.
Since our founding in 1971, Steon have evolved into a well established commercial lighting manufacturer with a proud heritage with sustainable practices.
At Steon we apply our expertise to all design, testing, development and manufacturing processes to ensure we remain at the forefront of the lighting industry.
Steon offer a comprehensive range of high specification luminaires and light management systems. We employ these technologies to deliver lighting solutions which boast optimum performance and enhanced reliability.
- Competitive starting salary with regular reviews
- 20 days holiday rising to 25 with length of service (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Profit sharing scheme after qualifying period
To apply for this exciting role, please click apply and attach a CV and covering letter describing how your knowledge, skills and experience are a match for our role.
Applications should be in writing with a full CV and a covering letter explaining why the position is of interest to you and your suitability for the role. Applications which are not accompanied by a covering letter will not be considered.