Utilising market proven wireless ZigBee® technology, SMARTMESH® delivers a 2.4GHz self-healing mesh network.
Utilising market proven wireless ZigBee® technology, SMARTMESH delivers a 2.4GHz self-healing mesh network. ZigBee® is the most widely adopted communication protocol, this enables compatibility with various 3rd party devices and services.
The SMARTMESH system is built upon two sensors:
- Low bay sensor with a detection diameter of 3.6 metres at a 3-metre mounting height, suitable for offices, healthcare and educational applications.
- High bay sensor with a detection diameter of 16 metres at a 16-metre mounting height, suitable for warehousing industrial areas with high ceilings.
How does SMARTMESH work?
Sensors are installed into Steon luminaires and communicate to one another through a self-healing mesh network. This mesh enables wireless grouping, daylight harvesting, occupancy sensing and task tuning across all luminaires. The result is a cost effective and easy to implement solution which promises greater efficiencies.
The optional on-site gateway consolidates the installation’s performance information and relays this to a secure online portal. Users can access their portal remotely from any internet browser with a secure log in.
Benefits of Smartmesh
Simple Installation & Commissioning
SMARTMESH sensors are built into luminaires allowing for simple installation. The system is easily programmable using the intuitive smartphone app.
Switching between pre-programmed lighting scenes, task-tuning is a reliable way to generate the correct light environment whilst also delivering operational energy efficiencies.
Clients can interact with their installations from anywhere. Several SMARTMESH sites can be managed with ease from their common online portal.
Ensure your spaces are always suitably and safely illuminated when occupied, whilst also avoiding instances where luminaires are left on unnecessarily.
Luminaires can dynamically adjust their output to maintain a consistent lux level, despite fluctuations in the amount of natural light throughout the day.
Luminaires are able to work individually or in groups. Once grouped, luminaires can be programmed to switch on or off when presence is detected, this ensures appropriate and safe lux levels are achieved.
How can your business benefit?
Boost efficiency and safety in warehouses
Increase productivity by utilising task-tuning to create varied lighting environments tailored to specific tasks.
- Upon presence detection, luminaires within that area switch to full capacity ensuring correct lux levels are met to create a safe environment.
- Clients can control the lighting remotely by the intuitive app.
- Utilise daylight harvesting, dimming and scheduling to conserve energy.
Maximise performance with SMARTMESH
- If granted permission, employees can use the app to adjust their individual workspace to their preference.
- Access to the app provides insight into areas where efficiencies can be made.
- Various lighting environments can be pre-programmed to suit different areas and applications.
Optimise learning with well-lit classrooms
Create improved educational environments which aid academic success.
- Utilise task-tuning to ensure areas are lit appropriately for different tasks (e.g., dimming luminaires by the whiteboard for improved legibility)
- Enable the daylight harvesting feature to conserve energy by capitalising upon natural light ingress.
- Maintain appropriate and safe lux level in all occupied areas to assure safety.
Get in touch
If you have any questions or queries about any of our products and the services we offer, or if you are seeking technical advice, please contact us.